History

1884                Baptist Church formed with 13 members meeting in a log cabin which was also used by the Methodist Church

1886-7            Moved to the intersection of Hill and College

1889                Moved to the intersection of Church and Green

1897                Two Baptist churches merged into one

1919                Incorporated

1920                Moved to the intersection of Witte and Parker

c.1936             Helped plant Southside Baptist Church

  Helped plant Calhoun Baptist Church

  Helped plant Summerfield Baptist Church

1944                Helped plant Lakeview Mission (later: Immanuel Baptist Church; now: Cross Community Church)

1966                Tore down and rebuilt at same location

2008               Helped plant Primera Iglesia Bautista Casa de Restauración